Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Breaking up with my favorite restaurant

Wish me luck, I am staying away from my favorite restaurant for this week. I'd like to be able to choose to go there occasionally instead of going regularly out of habit. I'd liked to be not so hooked on restaurant food and drinking soda. From a financial perspective, I'd like to spend less money on food. I bought myself some soda for home so I don't fail because I feel deprived (I usually only drink soda in restaurants).

Three weeks ago I decided to break my fast food habit. Since then I've only had fast food once (and it wasn't as good as I remembered) and I think I can go three more weeks.

I am taking gradual steps to change my food life the same as I did for my financial life. It helps to have a goal! My financial goal was to get out of debt, my food associated goal is to not be overweight at my sister's wedding this fall.

Have any bad habits you decided to break? How did that work out?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, we're doing the same thing. We made a goal for 2009 to not eat any fast food. It's a healthier lifestyle, to be sure, and it definitely saves us money. It's surprising how much more motivated I am to pack a sack lunch knowing I don't have the option of going out to eat. Who knew the fear of hunger would be kick me into action so effectively?

    Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing the same thing, too! It can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food and finance seem to go together really well. I've been thinking about the same sorts of things myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed! Great work everyone. I can't believe how quickly the cost of fast food adds up!!

    My latest accomplishment hasn't been about what I'm NOT doing as so much as it is what I AM doing - I've been going to yoga for 3 days a week for about a month now. It has nothing to do about money, but it is a new habit I'm working on developing and so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to cut back on diet coke, it's not going so great. I got rid of most bad habits a few years ago, it's time to pick up a few new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the encouragement is helping me stay on the wagon. Dang! I was kinda hoping for no comments so I could mope and have an excuse to go out and cheat.

    ReplyDelete