Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Milestone achieved

My goal for last week was to not eat out at my favorite restaurant during the week. I do it so often I found it had become a compulsion (or addiction, choose your word) and I went even when I wasn't interested in going. I am also avoiding fast food in general. The occasional french fry will eventually be OK, but I was eating meals there several times a week. Yikes!

So far I am doing well on my plan to avoid fast food and I successfully stayed away from my favorite restaurant all during the week last week. The first two days away from my favorite junk were rather hard, then it became a little easier. The weather has been unpleasant lately which makes it easier to stay home. I did eat out a few times, but not as often and not following the compulsion to go to my favorite place. I have more money in my wallet than I usually do at this point between paychecks, let's see if I have any left over by next paycheck. That would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you eat out often, so cutting back should have a big effect on your bottom line. I find myself calculating how much food I could buy for the cost of one meal out, that usually keeps us home. Even take out costs $20-$30, that would buy us two full days worth of groceries. One nice meal out costs as much we spend on food all week, and we're not frugal shoppers! I hope your wallet is happy though your stomach may be protesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, way to go! TFO and I are still going strong on our 2009 goal to not eat fast food. It has definitely been good for the wallet and I'm sure for the health as well.

    Isn't it strange when you find yourself doing something by habit even when you have no real desire to do it? I love catching and stopping myself when I start to do that.

    ReplyDelete