Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Decision about my windfall

As you may have read in a previous post, I am getting an unexpectedly large tax refund. I think I have decided what to do with it:

Nothing.

For now, anyway.

I still may end up using the money to pay down my second mortgage but I think I want the extra flexibility that cash gives me while I ponder possibilities. I'd like to see how much money I can find in my regular budget to accomplish my 2009 Mortgage Paydown Challenge (see sidebar at right). That's good enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hello “Three Rooms & a Path” author,

    As a fellow money (miser) saver I have followed your blog for some time now....

    Anyway I have a little offer for you...

    The company I work for would like to pay you to put a text link to a credit card site on your blog. I have not seen any other deals already, but would love to make you an offer anyway. I’m sure we can come up with some good terms?!

    The website is called creditcardmenu.com and we will be launching a new fantastic looking credit card review and comparison service which is free to our customers; advertising with sites like your should be great for our profile.

    So let the bartering begin??!

    Oh and keep on blogging!

    Alex Preece
    Bad with my money, great with other peoples!
    Negotiator
    Giant Investments

    (I am based in London, England so excuse the weird times you get this email!)

    E: alex.preece@giant.org.uk
    T: 01273 224002
    M: 07976 989946

    ReplyDelete