Monday, March 9, 2009

First Harvests


In addition to the winter arugula we planted, and the lemons and oranges, these flowers are the first harvests of the new year. We planted bulb flowers so we have freesia in addition to the lilies. The blossoms are from the branches of the peach tree which were hanging into my neighbor's yard. The lavender we cut back after a bad January frost is starting to bloom as well.

It is nice to see prior planning pay off so early in the season. I am looking forward to a nice harvest this year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow those are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty. My peach tree is starting to bloom just as it's turning cold :( I gave up on bulbs, most are toxic to dogs and mine kept wanting to dig them up and chew on them. Growing up my mom had loads of daffodils, crocus and tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep reading about the pitfalls of homeownership but you've definitely pointed out one of the wonderful benefits. Beautiful and good job with the early planning!

    ReplyDelete