Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eating at home, Part II

After spending a pile of money on groceries last week and worrying that eating in wasn't going to save that much money, it was a welcome realization that the food I bought last week will last me all of this week as well. I forgot to take into account that I bought a lot of staples and stocked up on frozen fruit chunks (for my now almost daily breakfast smoothie). All I bought this week was milk, cornbread mix and some fresh shrimp. Some of what I bought will last me through next week, too, so I will only have to make a smallish purchase this weekend.

Another side benefit to better eating habits has been more energy. All that junk was really dulling my senses.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how that happens? I stopped eating fast food because my skin feels greasy afterward. All that sugary stuff gives a momentary boost, then there is such a let down. I am so glad that it is working for you!

    ReplyDelete