Monday, July 13, 2009

Glacial progress on my loan modification

I mailed the loan modification application in late May, in late June I received a notice saying my application was received. Today I called to find out the status. According to the bank, they received the appraisal on my home last Friday and that was the last piece of information they needed to work on my application. I should be hearing from them in one to three months. When I asked why such a long time, the operator said that they have applications from December that they are still working on and that one to three months is pretty fast. Frustrating!!

My plan is to call again in another two or three weeks.

I am starting to fantasize again about just walking away from this mortgage, especially if I can't get a modification. Mr. K-M's name isn't on the loan so we could buy a place in his name instead. At current prices he'd qualify for a loan on his lower salary. I doubt I'd actually do that, most likely I am just expressing my frustration with my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment