Sunday, April 5, 2009

Progress on my 2009 Mortgage Paydown Challenge

As you can see in the box on the right I am making steady progress towards my goal of paying down $10,000 in principal on my second mortgage. The $164.75 listed for April is the amount of my regular payment that went to principal. This is pretty exciting because almost two years ago when I first bought the house my payments only paid off $80-90 in principal. It's almost doubled!

Original loan, May 2007: $138,000.

Amount paid off as of today: $12,780.69. Of the $12K, $7344 was in the last 12 months.

Current balance: $125,219.31.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how early on in debt, very little of your payment gets applied to principal? Anyhow, awesome job in paying down the mortgage! You'll be back in the black soon. I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If/when we finally get our regular savings to a point where I'm happy I'll start throwing extra money at the mortgage. Right now it feels like throwing money on a sinking ship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were also not good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Pedro   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email &  That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Pedro VIA    Email /  Whatsapp +18632310632   pedroloanss@gmail.com  to resolve your financial mess.  

    ReplyDelete